Monday, February 25, 2008

Grizzlies, Tigers, and Movies: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, picked up Bryan Newcomb, and we went to the Grizzlies game. I can deal with losing, because Dallas is a better team, it's the lack of effort that bothers me. They decide to play in the third quarter and cut the lead to 11. Bryan and I were tired by then. We were right to leave, because they lost by 15. I fear that the Grizzlies may be leaving soon. Memphis will never be a legitimate big city. I just think that we are destined to be the "Little Small-Market City That Couldn't". After that, I called it a night.

Saturday:

I went to Gateway Tire and got a new wheel for the Kia, then I went to Wal-Mart and got a new tire, new wheel covers, and I got my tires balance and rotated. When I got home, I broke my inside handle on my door. Irony, bitter irony. After that, I met up with Bryan and we saw Vantage Point. It was a cool film, but as the name implies, they show the same situation from several...wait for it...vantage points. Matthew Fox, Dennis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, and Forest Whitaker gave solid performances. After that, we went to Spin Street. I bought a Green Lantern action figure. I bought John Stewart, the black Green Lanter. I have several different figures of him.

After that, we went over my boy Shomari's house and watched the Tigers lose to UT. Crap, Memphis!!! We were #1 and undefeated!! What are you doing?! We did not hustle, we did not rebound, and for crying out loud, somebody calm the freshman (Rose) down!! Everybody said we needed to lose one. I can admit that we have not played the best ball the last few weeks. Hopefully, we will bounce back from this. To the bandwagon fans out there, just shut up!!! People were talking about returning their shirts and all of this foolishness. If you try to return a shirt, you are super lame!!! I have supported the Tigers through horrible seasons where we didn't even make the postseason. Ironically, now that we are a national power, I don't really have the time or the money to make as many games as I would like. I am a second-generation alumni, and I will be a Tiger until they stick me in the ground!!! Even my mom, another alumni, watched the game, and she never does. She called me afterwards, I just said, "Mom, let me call you back, I may use some language that I shouldn't use around you". Needless to say, that was the end of Saturday.

Sunday:

I stayed in the house and chilled. I didn't watch the Oscars because my TV does not have an antenna (I use it primarily for DVD viewing), and I knew my brother would not care to watch the show. Shout out to Bryan who let me borrow an antenna that didn't let me get UHF. Hey, man, you tried. I really wanted Ruby Dee to get Best Supporting Actor. I also wanted Juno to get Best Picture. I went out to eat at My Favorite Place, a Mexican restaurant near my home. I also went to the movies and saw Be Kind Rewind. Michel Gondry directed this film about two guys (Mos Def and Jack Black ) who decide to make their own versions of films after Jack Black's character becomes magnetized and accidentally erases the entire catalog of the video store that Mos Def's character works at. The idea was better than the execution, but it had some heartwarming moments. I needed to see it to remind me to still do films for the love. I have been auditioning, but I have not been chosen to act in any films recently. I haven't done anything yet this year, and it's three months in. I am normally very busy. I will start writing to combat the monotony. Be easy, readers!!

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Eb the Celeb said...

Didnt know that Mos def movie came out this weekend... I only wanted to go see it because I wanted to see Mos in a comedy... the majority of his roles are really serious... but looking at your review... this may be one that I can wait until it comes on dvd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home