Thursday, June 19, 2008

Random Items: 6/19/08

1: Special effects guru Stan Winston died recently. Read more here:

www.variety.com/VR1117987531.html

2: Okay, the Boston Celtics won their first championship in 22 years. It also marks the first time in 22 years that an African-American coach has won the championship, the last being KC Jones with the Boston Celtics. I am happy about those two things, and I am happy that Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen (Jesus Shuttlesworth for you Spike Lee fans) have championship rings. It kinda sucks that Phil Jackson and Kobe have lost their last two Finals series, what with this loss and the loss to the Pistons in 2004. Yeah, Kobe's arrogant, but he is a phenomenal player, and I believe that he will win one without Shaq.

3: I saw a screening of Wanted last night. Man, that was action-packed!!! The first 30-45 minutes is just carnage!!! My testosterone levels were out of control!! Good old-fashioned violence, there's nothing like it. The twist near the end was a little predictable, but overall, it was a good movie. Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, and Morgan Freeman were excellent. I was just glad that Morgan finally got "gangsta" again and moved away from all those "kind old man" roles (Batman movies and The Bucket List,I'm looking at you). I loved it, and gave it 4 out of 5 stars on Flixster.

4:My friend Paul Briggs' mom is doing better. Her chest pains were the result of muscle spasms which were the result of overworking herself. I pray that she takes it easy.

5: My friend Nia Glen-Lopez is recovering nicely from her stroke and seems to be in good spirits. Thank you God.

6: My friend Chaz was found dead a few days ago. I am praying for him and his family. He was a young man. It reminds me that life is fragile, and that we must be appeciative of every second of breathing.

7: Be easy, readers, and appreciate life!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home