Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Writer's Block

Man, these blogs are getting a lot more difficult to write. The ideas just aren't flowing like they were in the beginning. I know that I don't have to write something every day, but I feel like I need to. The whole purpose of this blog was to get my creative juices flowing. I always wrote decent papers and stories for assignments, but I have always had difficulty writing on my own. Sure, I have great ideas, but I rarely write them down. I've even stopped carrying my trusty white binder with me. The white binder contains pretty much every poem I've ever written. It's not as many as it needs to be. My filmmaking friend said that I should write something every day, whether I want to or not. So, bear with me, readers, I will get through this. Why did writing that last line make me start humming Chaka Khan's "Through the Fire" in my head. I watched too much TV as a kid. Some of my friends are actually engaging in poetry battles on the subject of love. They're quite interesting, and I think that they should publish them. That made me think about the evolution of my poetry. See, I started out as the PG-13 version of the "punany" poets. Punany is slang for a woman's reproductive organ. I was more of a "relationship" poet. All of my poems were focused on acquiring the heart of one girl. After this crashed and burned, and she left town, I lost my muse. Actually, I haven't written a love poem since. It's hard for me to write what I don't feel. My next poems were varied, from pleas for help, to a 9-11 poem (couldn't ignore that) to social commentary. The last few years all I have produced are anti-love poems. These poems are usually composed on Valentine's Day. It is something a good friend of mine also does. I plan to discontinue these poems becasuse I feel like I am repeating myself and I am tired of people trying to tell me that it's not that bad. You haven't lived my life, so you can't tell me how bad it is. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. So, any more anti-love poems will probably be composed for personal therapy. So now, the question is, what do I write about? The answer: Anything, I guess. Be easy.

P.S. Pray for my father, he had his gall bladder removed. The surgery was successful, but he is in a little pain. He's the strongest man I know. It shakes me a little bit when he gets ill, but I will put it in God's hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home