Saturday, April 09, 2005

Writer's Block 2/Audition from Heck.

I tried to post Thursday night, but my computer was being very difficult. I finally got inspired and started writing something Thursday night. Sadly, I have not written any more since then. I plan to compose some more this weekend. I had an audition for a movie entitled Grim Sweeper. It's about these two guys who clean up after gruesome accidents for a living. I was the first one there. I decided to use what I thought would be two hours to fully memorize my audition piece. I should have memorized it the night before. I started getting nervous, and I wasn't making good eye contact with the camera. And, this lady kept writing notes about me. This was the first audition I had where I had to prepare something. I was NOT prepared. I am kicking myself. I will get back on the horse. I will NOT let this make me quit. I wrote down some other auditions. I will be better next time. I also wrote a slightly apologetic letter to the people at the movie in a desperate attempt to jockey for a supporting role. I realize that I may have shot down my chance at a starring role. The starring roles get paid, too. Dang! Well, I have learned the hard way. In the immortal words or Aaliyah(RIP), "If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." Be easy.

P.S. Please support my blog brother, Dr. Augustus Q. Fro, at blacksupervillain.blog spot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home