Monday, June 27, 2005

I Love Cinema

Man, the weekend was crazy yet productive. After leaving work Friday, I crashed at my boy Bryan's house because we were waiting to see if a shoot would go through. My friend Arnita called me in the middle of Madagascar to see if she could tag along. I said "Okay". Rod called Fred, the owner of the house for said shoot, to see if it was okay. Fred never responds. The girl who was supposed to play the stripper wound up getting arrested and could not play the role. Guess who I had to ask? That's right, Arnita. My voicemail went like, "Arnita, this is Markus. We need a huge, huge favor from you. We need you to play the stripper. But, you know, you don't really strip. You'll be eating bologna and putting on makeup, nothing freak nasty. Call me back. Bye." She eventually called me back thinking this was a ploy to see her in lingerie. I told her it wasn't. Actually, I got a little hysterical. I told her how I was tired of us having days where we didn't shoot. I told her how my friends (Shomari Gant, I see you) mess with me when I show up at wrestling on Sundays when I always say I "plan to be shooting". I still didn't convince her. I had to find Rod, who was on the U of M campus. He convinced her, she came, and we made movie magic in Bryan's kitchen and bathroom. Our last scenes were in front of the Paris "adult theater" on Summer cussing out somebody on her cell phone. Arnita kicked butt. Saturday, after a day of work (which included making ID tags and performing "Celebrate" with a karaoke machine), I got my car fixed on. The shoot for Third Wheel Date was canceled. I have now learned that the whole thing may have to be reshot because we no longer have access to the Bartlett 10. Man, it's crazy. Then, Rod, Bryan, and I worked on Keenon Nikita's project. Okay, we tried to. I got reintroduced to this girl named Meena who used to do student hours for me back at the Ned mcWherter Library. Unfortunately, the lamps would not hold up, and that shoot was a bust. On Sunday, we shot Arnita and Domino outside the library. Then, we went to Domino's house and shot Arnita, Tatiana, and Domino. I had to bow out a little after midnight. Everybody did well. We kicked butt. I'm pleased. I really believe that we will make the deadline now. I can see the light.