Saturday, June 11, 2005

Movie Moves

Yesterday, my boy Rod and I worked on our long-in-development film. One of our two female leads was going to grad school at the University of Nottingham in England. She's back in town so, of course, we put her to work. Our male lead Pat showed up, too. They have good chemistry together. Also, I went to a rehearsal for this movie that I am going to start shooting at midnight tonight. I was late coming from Rod's shoot, and I passed the house, but I eventually made it. Of course, the main person I needed to rehearse with left as I was coming, but it was cool. I tripped out. It was someone's birthday, and we had this cool cake with ice cream in the middle. It rocked! I have three lines as Tyrone, a security officer in this movie. I will make those the best three lines in the movie. My friend Bryan is going to roll with me and be an extra. I'm feeling good about this. I'm a little tired, but I asked for this. After so many false starts, bad auditions, and bad shoots, I feel like I am back in the saddle. Rod and I may even shoot a short involving my character in his films on Sunday. I am hype! Hopefully, one of the three movies I was in last year will get edited in time for the Indie Memphis film festival. Rod may get me a part in this guy named Keenon's film about him and his daughter. I am in a good space. I even finished a poem and started writing some rap lyrics this week. Good times, baby!!! WHOOOOOOOO! That's my Ric Flair yell. Man, I'm even smiling as I type this! I just thank God for the opportunity to do what I love, even if it is on a small scale. Everybody should try to find some way to live your dreams, in some capacity. Keep hustling and praying. Be easy.

PS Support the blog brethren: blacksupervillain.blogspot.com, newnegro.blogspot.com, and latilleon.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home