Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend and Black Snake Moan Audition

I held the boom mic for Keenon's film on Sunday. It was cool. I kept getting joked on, though. I would say stuff, then some people would say it later. The child actress Selina said, "No one listens to Markus." I kept going. Then, in response to Hustle and Flow, I said that I grind and spit. People had negative views of that. We had a good day shooting. Selina bust on me again on Sunday. I said that I was a wonderful soundman. She said, "That's why they're so many". I tried to explain myself, but everybody was like, "Give it up, Markus. She's 11, stop arguing with her." I calmed down and began joking. Everybody gave me pity applause later. My response was, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining." Then I said, "I hate ya'll, man!" I built a bridge and got over it. Later on, I got in soapbox mode about the current state of hip-hop and what I hope to achieve with my anit-thug movement. I think I made Hank leave. Sorry, dude. But, hey, he wears Cincinnati University paraphernalia anyway. As a Memphis alumni, I have to hate on him. Everybody thought my explanation was informative and humorous. I also explained my recent poems. I guess it was cool. I may ramble, but at least I'm passionate and honest. I think that's a rare commodity these days. I went to the Black Snake Moan Audition this morning and I knew so many people in the place. The homegirl Arnita (Westwoood!), Ely, Bryan, LaVita, Angela, Will, Tiffany, Bryan's friend Jonathan, Lauryn, Lyrin and her boyfriend, plus this guy I call Money and other actors that I know. Arnita, Bryan, and I all got call backs! Bryan and I have callbacks at 3:15 today. It's crazy. I also met Moses Peace. He is a veteran actor in the Memphis area. I loved hearing his insight and wisdom. This is the result of years of hard work. I'm a little nervous, but I have to do it. I asked for this. I pray that I will give a competent reading tomorrow. Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home