Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Holiday Blues

I just haven't been in the Christmas spirit. Maybe it's because I'm tired. I used up most of my vacation time chasing my acting dream and I really need a rest, but it ain't happening. I need a vacay in the worst way!!! Oh, well, gotta suck it up. One Christmas present is preventing me from completion. My brother, Thaddeus, wants the new Eric Benet CD. As many of you know, Eric Benet was once married to Halle Berry. Maybe his name is mud in the media, I grant that, and I can kinda understand Target not having the Cd since he's on an independent label, but I could not believe that his CD wasn't at Best Buy!!! C'mon, now, Best Buy?! You would not believe the obscure, independent hip-hop I have bought at these establishments. Sadly, the same zeal and all-inclusive nature does not apply to independent R&B. I was dejected and cursing the holiday gods in Target when I actually found a few items that brightened my day. I was cruising the toy aisle, looking for things for my "cousin" (wink, wink) when I happened across some WWE figures. They had a figure of Jerry "The King" Lawler. I had to buy it. They also had a figure of Hulk Hogan. The old-school, red-and-yellow, "Whatcha Gonna Do?" Hulk Hogan. I had to buy that as well. I felt a little guilty, but darnit, it's Christmas! You have to treat yourself sometimes. Incidentally, my good friend Denna Greer (What Goes Around) gave me a Hulk Hogan related gift. She gave me his autobiography. I love it! I know it's cheesy, I know it's fake, but wrestling has always been one of my favorite things. I am also a bit of a pop culture geek, so I have to get goofy gifts for myself on occasion...okay, several occasions.
Today, I will probably attend this Bloggers Bash at Quetzal's. I will also man up and accept the fact that I will have to pay a little bit more for the Eric Benet CD. It's cool. It is my brother, after all. He only offered to let me live in his home and asks for an astonishingly low rent fee in comparison to the house expenses. I love my brother. I should probably say that more often. I guess I get caught up in that stupid macho crap. Oh, well, I said it in cyberspace. That will have to do for now. Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/artist/glance/-/73674/+orig-rel-date/ref=m_art_srt_d/103-9522592-8174265

 

Post a Comment

<< Home