Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My Name is Markus, and I'm a Karaokeholic

Last night, my friends and I descended upon the Sports Bar at the corner of Mendenhall and Winchester. In attendance was Joseph Smith (Delusions, Almost Made), Lina Fritsche (Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast, Divine Manipulation of the Threads), and our god friends Eric Pike, Candace, and Dorie. Lina did "Hopelessly Devoted to You" from Grease and "Adia" by Sarah MacLachlan. She kicked butt as usual. JoJo sang "If Tomorrow Never Comes" and an Elvis song...no surprise for those who know him. Eric sang "Grease Lightning" and the karaoke host, his friend Mandy, and myself did the dance moves from the movie. It was corny, but we had fun. I performed way too many songs: "Love and Happiness" by Al Green(okay performance), "The Right Stuff" by New Kids On the Block (pretty funny), a so-so rendition of Blackstreet's "Before I Let You Go", Young MC's "Bust a Move" (okay), John Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane"(pretty good), Michael Jackson's "Rock With You", and a not-so-great attempt at Marvin Gaye's "Got to Give It Up". It was pretty cool, but my voice is scratchy from the combination of singing and the smoky bar. Shoot, I feel like I'm coming down with something now. I may have to be out again, though. The film "Last Call Lovin" is looking for extras for a bar scene at Neil's tonight. Might have to show my face and make sure I get a nice spot in their next film. I have to keep busy. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home