Monday, June 26, 2006

I Decided to Watch Somebody Else For a Change: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I watched TV, chilled out


Saturday:

Saturday afternoon I had an audition for a film about Freaknik titled Let's Ride. It was full of model/actors. No disrespect to these hopefuls, but I felt like I had a stronger background than a lot of people there. Actor Trent Dee (21 Grams, Just the Two of Us) was there. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I kicked butt!!! They were impressed with my experience and said that they would definitely be giving me a call. I remembered one of the guys from the Hustle and Flow auditions of the summer of 2004. Ah, the memories...of getting rejected (not that I'm bitter).

Saturday night I attended a Spoken Word Fest at the Hattiloo Theatre located at 656 South Marshall. It is being renovated, but it will be the only Black Repertory Theatre in Memphis. Ekundayo Bandele, poet/actor, is the Creative Director. He is also one of my costars in Brandon Hutchinson's Dollars and Signs. A lot of local poets, such as Ramp, InnerCity South and Brothas Keepa(www.innercitysouth.com), FW Love, IQ, Verse, and El Hakim performed. I also ran into Madeleine Rogers who is about to perform in a play called The Story. I told her I will try to make it...that's not me trying to be funny, that's just the way I have to answer people because of the way I hustle in the independent film game. I enjoyed the evening and I hope to come back to Hattiloo soon.

Sunday:

Chilled out, went over my boy Shomari's house and watched wrestling. I hung out with my people. Life doesn't get any better than that.

I'm not filming, but I am auditioning. That will have to do for now. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home