Monday, October 02, 2006

The Doctor's Office

I went to the doctor on Friday after I got off work. For those who don't know, I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol back in 2002, and let's just say that I don't always eat the way I should. I hit 284 in February of '05, but through discipline (and a lot of running around chasing this crazy dream), I was down to 245 by November. I got a little depressed this year, lost my focus, and I am now at 275 again. I didn't lie, I told the doctor exactly how it was. He respected that, and didn't fuss too bad. Eating is my vice. I don't smoke (asthma), don't drink, don't do any illegal narcotics, but them burgers, man, they call my name!!! After they took my blood (those vampires) and sent me on my way, I got a Veggie Burger from Backyard Burger. As I scratched off some contest thing that I hoped to win, I got this message: "Please try again". Maybe I'm being a little too zen, but I believe that I will try again. I am exercising again and trying to watch what I eat. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Pray for me as I resume my battle fo the bulge. And don't dangle no pizzas or pastries in front of me. That's my crack!!! Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home