Monday, October 02, 2006

Saying Goodbye and Karaoke Chronicles: Sunday Wrap-Up

On Sunday, I helped my good buddy Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Mail Call) pack up. He is moving to Atlanta. Many people know that Bryan was my running buddy, friend, and frequent putdown opponent. Even today, while en route to the airport, he called me and got in a "check" (joking or cruel insult, often hurled back and forth by old friends). I regret that we never finished the documentary about yours truly, "King Indie". We got sidetracked. I will miss him. He was the main dude that I went to the movies with and just cruised the mall with. Actually, with the exception of my cousin Anwar, he was the ONLY person that I hung out like that with. Being the "Lone Ranger" will be awkward, but Bryan had been wanting to move on from the Bluff City for a while. He's a resourceful dude, I'm sure that he'll do just fine.

After leaving Bryan's place, I went to Jordan's for some afternoon salad and karaoke. I performed Sheryl Crow's "Soak Up the Sun", Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body", the Beatles' "Obla Di, Obla Da", Will Smith's "Gettin' Jiggy With It", and Tim McGraw's "Live Like You Were Dying". Later, after a nap and getting some new headshots from Bryan (thanks, B.New!!), I returned to Jordan's for two more songs: Jodeci's "Lately" and Limp Bizkit's "Faith". Good times, people, good times. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home