Monday, November 06, 2006

Karaoke, Costumes, and Chains: The Thursday-Sunday Wrap-Up

Thursday:

I went to Jordan's, Joe Smith (Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast) was bartending, Forrest Pruett (Delusions) was in the house as well. I performed one song, "I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know". The karaoke book said that it was sung by Blood, Sweat, and Tears, but I know it as a Donny Hathaway song. For those younguns out there, Donny Hathaway was one of the greatest soul singers to ever set foot on this earth!!! Look him up. I also got into a conversation about God with this one woman named Alicia. I'm not trying to preach, but I needed to hear that.

Friday:

Friday at Jordan's, we held a surprise birthday party for my friend Candace. There were, ahem, "Lap dance" (not by me, Mom, I promise), alcohol, and your usual debauchery. I performed "Nuttin' But A G Thang" with my fellow Fayette County native, Uncle Ricky. We also performed "Yeah" by Usher featuring Ludacris (I was Usher, he was Ludacris). My last song of the night was New Kids On the Block's "The Right Stuff". That was for Candace. After that, I took my butt home because I had to be at work by 8:30 the next morning.

Saturday:
I went to work (GRRRR!), went home, took a power nap, and went to a Bancorp South audition at Lisa Lax's home studio. I also saw Christin Ackerman there. I told a story about why I chose my bank. I told the true story of how my mom took me to the bank to get my first (and only) checking and savings accounts. I did my best, I'm trying not to worry about it. Even extras get paid $100, so hopefully, I'll get something.

Later that night, I went to Craig Brewer's costume party. Craig loved Rod Pitt's film What Goes Around and he invited the entire cast to his party. Rod was a pimp, I believe it is his new alter ego, Bubbilicious Big Mac. Arnita Williams (In an Instant) was Flavor Flav, and Kim Skipper (Imagine), was a flight attendant It was her work uniform, but I liked it. Patrick Henry and his wife Angela were there, as were Domino and Tylon from the movie. Keenon Nikita (Just the Two of Us) came as Big Mama from Big Mama's House and our partner Shawn Carter (This is a female) came as Michael Jackson. She had the jacket, the glove, the tight jeans, white socks, black shoes, everything. My buddy Donnie from my favorite comic book store was Captain America. Chris McCoy and Laura Hocking were a zombie couple or something. I also saw a Jay and Silent Bob, a Neo, and several Playboy bunnies. Some danced behind the DJ, some paraded around. Amy Lavere (Eat) and some other people who were in masks performed, they were cool. Craig was dressed like a clown. My girl Naseera Lewis (Just the Two of Us) was there, as was my former high school and U of M classmate, Teresa Dickerson. She has written a script and wants to turn it into a movie. She talked to Rod and Keenon, which was cool. David Merrill was in the place, as was Jon Sparks (Across the River) and his lovely wife. They were in pajamas. Sparky actually had on a fly Hugh Hefner-like robe over his PJs. Man, I so want to be Sparky when I grow up!!! It was cool, the food was nice, but I was really tired. Also, it was so crowded. I'm more of a sit down, chit-chat type of guy. Still, it was nice to chill out, and the costumes were cool.

Sunday:

Naseera Lewis (What Goes Around) directed me in a parody trailer for Black Snake Moan. Rod was the cameraman. I won't get into detail, because I don't want anybody else in the trailer contest to steal our ideas, but it rocked!!! We were out in Mississippi, and I think we really captured the feel of the film. Afterwards, I went over to Shomari's house to watch another wrestling Pay-Per-View. This one was kinda lame, and even had a K-Fed cameo (uggh!!), but it was cool to hang with my people and defend Jerry Lawler and Hulk Hogan. It's almost a ritual now. Shout out to Denna Greer (What Goes Around), who was over Shomari's house.

After that, I went to Jordan's for karoke. I performed Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" (Love that song), and Five for Fighting's "Superman". It was cool.

Geekwatch:

The Transformers the Movie 20th Anniversary Editon comes out tomorrow. The cheapest advertised price I've seen is $12.99 at Target. I am so there!!! Be easy, readers.




1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Jon W. Sparks said...

Made me laugh. But remember, I have yet to grow up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home