Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Random Items: 11-1-06

1: Shout out to the guy at the Valvoline on Germantown Parkway. He remembered me from when he was at the now-defunct store on Macon, and he gave me a two-for-one deal on my windshield wipers. That was cool, times are hard!!!

2: Shout out to the Dixie Cafe on Bartlett Road for playing good music during lunch. I came in on Debarge's "All This Love" and left out on "Everybody Has a Hungry Heart". Diversity is beautiful!!!

3:So, Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe are separating. Shocker!!!! We've all seen the Hollywood couples crash and burn, it seems to be more prevalent when the wife is the breadwinner. Is it the male ego? Shoot, if I was Ryan, I'd be cool with being a semi-kept man. Be the Steadman to her Oprah!! Get an allowance!!! He acts every now and then, it's not like he's a total freeloader. I do feel bad for the child, though. Divorces can be messy.

4: Oh, my god, I am so sick of Flavor Flav!!! His reality show was bufoonery (cooning) at its best, and I had to stop watching it. Then, he put out his first solo album yesterday?!! And now he's on the talk show circuit. I had to stop watching BET's 106 and Park because of Minstrel, I mean, Flavor Flav. And now he has another baby on the way by someone who wan't even in the Flava of Love competition?!! To Caucasian people who are not exposed to African-Americans on a regular basis, know this(Begin rant): We are not all pimps, thugs, gangsters, we don't all wear mouth grills, we don't all wear big, gaudy jewlery or ride Cadillacs with large rims. Some of us actually have degrees, can articulate, can discuss world issues, vote, write, and search for other forms of entertainment besides "gettin crunk in da club, mane!!!" End of Rant.

5: Be easy, readers!!!

PS: Please read something besides the words in commercials or the funnys (which are cool). Knowledge is power, just like they said on SchoolHouse Rock several years ago. If you're too young to know what I'm talking about, google it. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home