Monday, October 02, 2006

For Those of You That Don't Know...

Just the Two of Us, a joint venture between Dog Day Entertainment (www.myspace.com/dogdayentertainment) and Pittstop Productions (www.pittstopproductions.com) has won the American Artists Film Festival in Kansas (http://www.americanartistfilmfestival.com/Home.html) Director Keenon Nikita received a few cool prizes, and now he has a national agent. Hopefully, this buzz will get us some distribution. I am proud of Keenon Nikita, my film mentor Rod Pitts, and I am proud of myself. I did sound for a lot of the film. I also play a mentally challenged patient and an extra a few times. It was three years for Rod and Keenon,and two years for me on this film. There were people who dropped off the film, and people who told me to my face that we would never finish. I should take the high road, but all I have to say is: "Where you at now, haters!" I have said this before, and I will say it again: NEVER doubt any project that I am involved in. Doubting me is a cardinal sin. You better say about 10 Our Fathers and 20 Hail Marys, even if you ain't Catholic!!! You can't rush greatness. Shout out to Jon Sparks (www.jonwsparks.blogspot.com), Travis Stone (Ray), Trent Dee (21 Grams), Lavita Brooks (Katrina's Wake, What Goes Around), April Hale (Imagine, Tricks), Morris Chism (Imagine, Tricks), Alexis Green (The Survivor), Jen Morris (Delusions, Arrogant Dead People), and the many other cast and crew members from the Memphis area, even the ones whose scenes were cut. This is a great victory for us, and for the Memphis filmmaking community. Let's keep the enthusiasm going for October 17, when Just the Two of Us show at the Indie Memphis Film Festival at 6:45 PM. PSP (Pittstop Productions) and DDE (Dog Day Entertainment) will be in the building!!!! Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the best, Markus!!!



Keep blogging,

LaVita

 

Post a Comment

<< Home