Monday, December 11, 2006

Parties, Politics, and Karaoke: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Saturday:

I got off work, went to a few stores, picked up Rod from a wedding reception that he was filming at the Holiday Inn on Mt. Moriah. I ran Ms. Dorothy, a former coworker of mine. After we left the Holiday Inn, we shot a scene for Don't Vote for Arthur Henry, a mock political documentary. I played Leon Carruthers, a guy who was in the same political party. Rod had me shave my goatee, so I only had a mustache. I think I looked totally different. I also lowered my voice. Rod really pushed me to give a good performance, and I appreciate him for it. After that, we bought some liquor for Laura Hocking and Chris McCoy's party. They are engaged filmmakers who have a company called Oddly Buoyant Productions. We chilled there for a minute. Shout out to Chris, Laura, Jeff Pope (Eat), Amy Lavere (recording artist/actress), and Jon "Sparky" Sparks and his lovely wife. We chilled for a minute. After that, I went to Jordan's for karaoke. I performed a few songs, and broke out.

Sunday:

I worked for a few hours at the day job, then I went to Jordan's and did several songs in the afternoon: I sang "Imagine" by John Lennon (Friday was the anniversary of his death), "Superman" by Five for Fighting, "Why Georgia" by John Mayer, "Me, Myself and I" by De La Soul, and "Hard Knock Life" by Jay-Z. Next, I went to Border's. I had a coupon for 25% off a DVD, and I got some cheesy Japanese Power-Ranger type movie called Super Inframan. Hey, I stay young at heart. I went to my boy Shomar's house, but there was a power outage, so no wrestling pay-per-view. Me and my people chilled out and watched football, but then I started getting slammed for my views again. My views on Hulk Hogan (he's great!!), and my views on horror films. I say I like films with happy endings. They argued that Hostel was a happy ending because the main guy got revenge. I say, but he lost two fingers and was tortured in the process!!! I also got clowned for being the only dude who would admit to watching The Notebook. I don't give a damn, that's a good movie!!! Rachel McAdams is a damn good actress. I began to get hungry, so I broke out. I went back to Jordan's again. I sang "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake, "In the Still of the Night" by Boyz II Men, "Rumors" by Timex Social Club, "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow, and "Say You, Say Me" by Lionel Richie. I kinda got people in an old school mood. People were singing Janis Joplin, the Bee Gees, Temptations, and other "old-school" hits. Good nights.

Plug Time!!!!

Live From Memphis™ is announcing the 4th and final round of Li’l Film Fest for 2006. The festival is Saturday, December 16, 2006 at 2pm at the Memphis Digital Arts Co-operative (1000 S. Cooper Memphis, TN 38104).

LFM thanks the Memphis & Shelby County Film & Television Commission for their support of the Li’l Film Fest: Beginning this quarter, they have generously agreed to provide the awards for the festival, including a new “Jury Award” (in addition to the “Audience Choice Award”). That’s right, we now have 2 awards to give away!!

The following is a list of accepted films and filmmakers:

"Happy Artistic Freedom Day" Jon W. Sparks (I'm in this one!!!)
"Hot Wheels Night" C. Scott McCoy
"Help a Heathen Day" Patrick Niedzwiedz
"My Little Gingerbread" Alice McLallen & Will Hendricks
"Rationalization Day" Adam Remsen (this one, too!!)
"Adopt a Freak Day" Byerly, Scalita, & Craig
"Kung Fu Baby vs. Santa Clause" Nick Ross
"George and Martha" Donald Meyers
"25 Feet From Love” Razor Teeth
“Conversion Tactics” Christopher Reyes

The event is free and open to the public; Live From Memphis and the MeDiA Co-op will be accepting donations. Support Local Filmmakers! For More information about the LI’L FILM FEST please visit: http://www.livefrommemphis.com/filmfest or give us a call: 523-9763.

The theme for the fourth Li’l Film Fest is “politically incorrect holidays,” meaning that each film submission must somehow relate to that topic. The winners will each be awarded a $200 cash prize and will also be guaranteed a spot in the next Indie Memphis Film Festival. Additionally, the li'l films must not exceed 5 minutes in length.

Countdown: Days Until Markus Seaberry's next premiere: 6 Days!!!!

Be Easy, Readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home