Monday, September 10, 2007

Screenings, Karaoke, and Meetings: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:
I got off work at 1 PM, ran errands, and I saw The Importance of Being Russell (www.russellmovie.com). Russell is a redneck comedy that I have a small role in. No, I don't play a redneck, in case you were wondering. I think it's funny. Shout out to Jeff and Sean of Paradox Productions who worked on the film. Shout out to the cast members, and an extra special shout out to Conrad, an old friend of mine who came out to see the film. Conrad and I were friends in grades 8-10. We used to read comics and hang out. He's married now and he's writing screenplays in his spare time. It was really good to see him. I hadn't talked to him in years. Conrad knows Keenon Nikita (director, Just the Two of Us). Oh, yeah, Russell has four screenings daily at Studio on the Square until Thursday night. It shows at 1:20 PM, 4:35 PM, 7:25 PM, and 9:45 PM. Please support local filmmakers and see this film if you are in the Memphis area.

Saturday:

I got off work and started organizing my comic book collection. Yes, I am a geek. Yes, I nurture my inner child with comics, anime, and wrestling. Later that night, I went to Jordan's for a little karaoke. After that, I went to IHOP with Joe Smith (Delusions, Arrogant Dead People), Ritchie "The Mayor of Frayser" Pierce (www.mayoroffrayser.com), and Lina Fritsche (Unholy Passion). We hung out and joked around for a minute. It was good to see the Mayor.

Sunday:

Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Divine Manipulation of the Threads) and I saw Shoot 'Em Up. It was....crazy. The violence was so cartoony and SO over the top. Eh, I liked it better than Death Sentence, I guess. After that, I met up with Jonathan Postal, an artist and filmmaker in this town. I've been asked to participate in a short film that he has written. It is an interesting character and good dialogue. I'm in.

Monday:

I have finally started watching Pulp Fiction. Yes, I know, I'm not cool, I'm from another planet, I am a weirdo, whatever. I figure I couldn't be a true pop culture geek without seeing this film. Now, people won't look at me crazy when I say that I haven't seen it. Cool. Be easy, readers!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to your review of Pulp Fiction. Remember, you have a standing invite to come over to my place for a viewing of Citizen Kane!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home