Monday, July 11, 2005

Cinematic Obsession

I admit it; I've become obsessed with cinema. I can't stop being on sets. Friday, Rod, Bryan, and I hooked up with Keenon and Arnita (Westwooood!) and the other actors at the courthouse on Adams. It was a great day of shooting, even though I had to hold the mic. I joked around and chilled inbetween takes. Saturday, they flew solo. Bryan and I came to the last shoot on the riverfront. The battery on the camera ran out, and this was a bust. Sunday, Rod and I tried to shoot on his movie. Tatiana didn't come into town, Domino and Teflon couldn't shoot, and Patrick had stuff to do. We shot cutaways at Hephzibah's and made it look as if we changed the tire on my car. Not a complete waste, but not enough. July 15 is breathing down our necks. I also hooked back up with Brandon Hutchison. I shot another scene for his movie. He said that he hasn't decided whether or not to show it in the Indie Memphis Film Festival. He does plan to screen it at the end of the month. Tonight, after getting off at 10PM, Rod and I should be shooting. It is truly an eternal hustle. I'm tired, but I'm having the time of my life. My apologies to all the friends that I have lost touch with. My apologies for appearing arrogant and condescending. I don't like being questioned or doubted. That brings out the ugly side of me. I also met with a guy concerning a part in a horror movie at Starbuck's on Sunday. Hope I get it. Of course, I'll die in the film. I'm Black, so I'll probably die early. It'll be a good experience if I get it, though. Sleep is overrated. In the words of Ali, "Rumble, young man, rumble!" Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home