Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Back on the Block (Like Quincy Jones)

Okay, I was a little down after the results of the Black Snake Moan audition. I had doubts for a minute. I got back in the swing of things, though. Last night, it was back to doing sound for Keenon's film. Keenon and Ruth did some good work. After various shooting mishaps and the semi-disappointment of the audition, I was glad to be working on something. Last night reminded me of why I do this. No matter how miserable or how bad I feel, I can always lose myself in cinema. Even when I'm just holding a mic, I feel alive. I feel as though I am a part of the creative process. I need it now. I have to be creating. I am also still trying to talk to people when I see them about any film projects. Yeah, baby, I'm still the Mercenary of Memphis Cinema. It won't stop! Dig it, baby! Gotta start writing again, though. Bryan, DeMarco, Ken, and myself will meet at Perkins at 2PM to discuss our project. It'll be crazy, wild, and a little bit wrong. We will pull it off, though. Hey, ny future's so bright, I gotta wear shades! Okay, that was corny. If I'm being corny, I must be feeling better. Peace, readers, Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home