Friday, January 20, 2006

More Filming and Acting...Foolish

My evening began with a call from Rod while I was at my local Burger King. I received the summons to work on Keenon's film. I dashed home, changed into my "play" clothes, and rolled out to the Central Library to meet up with Rod. We then drove to the Greater Middle Baptist Church where we met Keenon, Ashley, and our first-time actress playing a famous author. I had another cameo...I believe it's my fourth one in this movie. Then, I was the microphone fiend (sound person) yet again. I was a little tired and a little sloppy. I hadn't worked the boom mic on a regular basis since last year. Had to get my "sea legs" back. Keenon was a great coach. He broke down the woman's scene in tiny blocks so that it was easier to memorize, and he coached her in her delivery and other mannerisms so the scene won't appear flat. After that, I rolled on over to Flashbacks on Raleigh-Lagrange and joined my fellow actors in karaoke singing. Glinda Panell (Just the Two of Us) was back in town. I hadn't seen her in a minute, so it was cool. Also, Shaun and Kelly Green were there, as was Joe Smith (Delusions, Slow Down You're Dating Too Fast), Forrest Pruett( Forty Shades of Blue, Delusions), Lina Fritsche (Delusions, Slow Down), and our pal Candace. I tripped out once again. I performed Jay-Z's "Change Clothes". I think the crowd was more honky-tonk than hip-hop, so it didn't go over well. Forrest performed "Figured You Out", Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name", and another song that I forgot. Of course, Joe and I performed "Nuttin' But a G Thang", our signature song. It was great. I am tired as crap now, but I guess it's okay. I had fun, darnit!
Today, I think I'll go home. Keenon and Rod are filming at 3 PM today, so I won't be able to "play movie". I need the rest. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home