Thursday, January 11, 2007

Random Items: 1/11/07

1: Shout out to John Beifuss for mentioning two local, indie films that I acted in during his "Year in Review" feature in the Memphis Playbook a few weeks ago. He mentioned The Importance of Being Russell and Eat. That's hot!!! Those who read Beifuss know that he doesn't mince words; if he mentioned us, he had to like us.

2:Shout out to The Importance of Being Russell and Grim Sweeper for being accepted to the Southern Fried Flicks Festival in Augusta, Georgia. The festival is taking place this weekend. I wish I could be there.

3:Okay, any of my friends who wish to confide in me and start their sentence with "Don't put this in your blog", turn around and walk the hell away from me instantly. That crap's insulting!!! I am not freaking Wendy Williams or Joan Rivers or any gossip columnist!!! If I have put anybody "out there" with my blog, it's me. I do not betray trust!!! If you really pay attention, I am the focus of this blog, other people just happen to come into contact with me. Okay, had to get that off my chest. I feel better now.

4: Pay attention to the plug below

Plug Time!!!

The motion picture Eat, from veteran local filmmakers Oddly Buoyant Productions, will have a showing on January 14 at 5PM at Malco's Studio on the Square movie theatre. Please come out and enjoy this look at the lives of waiters in three restaurants and the "interesting" patrons they encounter. A new trailer for Craig Brewer's Black Snake Moan precedes the film.

Eat screening
January 14, 2007 (this Sunday!!!) at 5 PM.
Malco's Studio on the Square
2105 Court Street (near Madison)
Memphis, TN 38104
901-725-7151

Countdown to Markus Seaberry's next screening: 3 days, people!!!

Be Easy, Readers!!!!