Monday, September 24, 2007

Movies, Funerals, and Family: The Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

I got off work, ran some errands, and saw Resident Evil: Extinction. I didn't love it or hate it. It was very mediocre, and I hated the ending. Actress/singer Ashanti was cute. That's all I have to say about that.

Saturday:

I got off work, rushed home, and my brother and I drove to Somerville for my great-uncle Willie Herman's funeral. We missed the funeral, but went to the burial and the repasse at my home church, Brooks Chapel Church of God in Christ. It was good to see my family. One of my cousins kept teasing me about my TV commercial. My uncle Eugene calls me a "movie star". Yeah, okay. I'm still keeping my day job. I enjoyed my family, but after I finally left them, I was too tired to go out Saturday night. I enede up missing the Tunnel Clones' (www.myspace.com/tunnelclones) album release party. Shout out to Dev, Bosco, and DJ Redeye Jedi. Their new album, Worldwide Open, will be available this Tuesday in Memphis at Spin Street, Cat's Music on Union Avenue, Shangri-La Records, and other local outlets. End of Commercial.

Sunday:

I chilled out, left the house around 4 PM and saw 3:10 to Yuma. I'm not a big western fan, but I thought it was solid. Christian Bale and Russell Crowe gave solid performances. I liked it a lot more than that Resident Evil crap. After that, I did some early birthday shopping for a few people at Target. Hey, I care. Also on Sunday, I saw a couple walking past the movie theatre. They had on matching white and black-striped sweaters and were holding hands. It was sickening and sweet at the same time. I am not a fan of the matching outfits. Of course, if I ever get a girl, that may change.

Monday:

I have watched Pulp Fiction twice now, the normal way and with trivia popping up on the screen (way cool). I am now watching the other DVD features. Quentin Tarantino's interview on Charlie Rose is very informative. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home