Friday, November 18, 2005

Back at It

Well, after my disappointment over my dialogue scenes getting cut out of Delusions, I was a little bummed. My cure for film-related rejection and disappointment is more film-related or acting activities. I went to Red West's class again last night. Of course, my AGENT Forrest Pruett (Delusions, Divine Manipulation) was there, as was the GREAT Travis Stone (Delusions, Just the Two of Us). Alexis Green (The Survivor) joined us for the first time. We got to act out a scene from Good Will Hunting. It was great. We yelled and cursed (Sorry, mom), and I had to push her up against a wall. It was cool. I held back, though. I don't want to really hurt anyone. Jon Sparks (Delusions, Slow Down) was also in attendance, as was Angela Williams (Just the Two of Us, Grim Sweeper). Two local directors also audited the class. My good buddy Arnold Edwards II (PA Pretender, Third Wheel Date) was there, along with his girlfriend and my fellow Fayette-Ware High graduate, Dayna Hinkel (Delusions, Divine Manipulation). The director of Delusions, Robert Saba, also graced us with his presence. Afterward, a small group of us went to Flashback's and performed karaoke. Forrest did some Queensryche and another song. Lina from class performed Norah Jones' "Don't Know Why", and another song. I performed Prince's "Raspberry Beret" and Maroon 5's "Sunday Morning". I had to cut out early because I had to be at work in the morning. I see that not only do I need a balance between acting and other aspects of my life, I also need a balance between having fun and hustling. Sometimes I get so caught up in the hustle and being seen, I forget to have fun. If I'm not getting paid, I BETTER enjoy myself. So, tonight, I should wrap my part on Bevan Bell's Divine Manipulation of the Threads. Travis will be there, as will Terry Draper (Just the Two of Us). Arnold and Dayna will be there to help out. That's cool. My film family's holding it down. Gotta love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home