Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finally, I film: The Weekend Wrapup

Saturday:

I saw Pirates of the Carribean 2 with my people: Paul "P-Dub" West, Denna Greer (What Goes Around), "Angry" Nick Jones, Courtney, and Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us, Mail Call). It was good, although it tended to drag in some spots. It had the biggest opening weekend ever. That's pretty awesome. Afterwards, we went to Huey's and ate and chilled.

Sunday:

I rehearsed my scene for DeaAra Lewis' movie Tricks. It is a short scene, but I think it will be humorous. I give them the funny. We ran through my scene first, then I left them to work on their scenes. I didn't want to run the risk of being disruptive.

Later, I met up with Rod Pitts and we shot a scene for Don't Vote for Arthur Henry. It's a short based on a character from Rod's upcoming feature, Spin Cycle. I reprised my Film Geek character from What Goes Around. It's a mockumentary (fake documentary). We shot in the Rose Theater. Janeen Farmer also came through and shot a very funny scene. I am not totally confident about my scene, but I'm glad it's in the can. Arnita Williams (Other Side of the Pillow, What Goes Around) also came through. We had attempted to shoot something for In an Instant, but there were scheduling conflicts. Also, shout out to the directors of Arthur Henry, Brian and Brian. They are two film majors at the U of M. They are young and hungry. So, of course, we had to get them under the PSP (Pittstop Productions) umbrella. That's all we ask at PSP. Be hungry, be focused, show up when you're supposed to (please!!!), and we can all benefit.

After that, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill. It wasn't a lot of people wanting to sing, so I had a field day: I performed John Mellencamp's "Jack and Diane", Huey Lewis' "Heart of Rock and Roll", Young MC's "Bust a Move", Garth Brook's "Friends in Low Places", Hi-Five's "Never Should've Let You Go", Five for Fighting's "Superman", The Georgia Satellites' "Keep Your Hands to Yourself", Prince's "I Would Die For You", and finally, Rick Springfield's "Jesse's Girl". It was fun. I did my thing.

Hopefully, I will film on Curbside Confessions this week. The hustle continues. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home