Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Little Bit of Karaoke

After doing my voiceovers for Vineet Thapar, I stopped in at my friends at the Ned McWherter Library...shout out to Greg Woods, former coworker and logtime friend. After that, I made it back to my side of town and Jordan's Karaoke Bar. The owner, Nancy, was there. Forrest Pruett (Somerville, Behind the Eight) was there, as was my good friend Candace. I came kinda late, but I still managed to sneak in one song. I performed "Hey Ya" by Outkast, and the young, drunken people in the back were very receptive. Hey, drunken applause is still applause. I may be an attention whore, but I try to at least be entertaining. The guys yelled back on the guy parts, and the girls yelled back on the girl parts. Crowd participation at its finest. Forrest finished up strong with Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name". Again, drunken applause is still applause. Gotta stay performing, keep the skills sharp. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home