Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Karaoke Fun With the Parliament

Once again, I went to Jordan's Karaoke Cafe. I ran into Forrest Pruett (Curbside Confessions, Behind the Eight) and the "Mayor of Frayser", Richie. We hung out with Benner, who is another member of their crew called "Parliament". No, not like George Clinton, but a legislative body. I sang "Come Together" by the Beatles, and it was cool. Later, Forrest sang "I Hate Everything About You" by Ugly Kid Joe. After that, The Mayor, myself, and Benner perfomed "Nuttin' But a G Thang". I did the Snoop Dogg part, which was different, because I normally sing Dr. Dre's part with Joe Smith (Delusions, Arrogant Dead People). We turned city of Compton into city of Frayser in the song, it was crazy. After that, Forrest and the Karaoke selector, or "KJ" perfomed Linkin Park's "In the End". Benner, Forrest and the Mayor performed the Soggy Bottom Boys "Man of Constant Sorrow". The Mayor also performed his version of "Folsom Prison Blues", "201 Poplar Blues". A good time was had by all. The Parliament (and me) rocked the house. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home