Friday, July 14, 2006

Wrapping Up the Courthouse Shoot

Yesterday, Rod and I again joined the courthouseshoot for A Cop, A Snitch and a Stripper Named Shane. Cherina Black (Shan) was there, as was Erica Hines (Delusions, Divine Manipulations of the Threads), and this brilliant actor playing Councilor Rainwater. He has this great Southern accent...you gotta see it. Director/actor Vincent Moore (Poor and Hungry, Just the Two of Us), filmmaker Keenon Nikita (Poor and Hungry, Just the Two of Us), soundman Fred Mans, Kwame Cash(Officer Cash), and Cherina's boyfriend. We covered a lot of ground, and I belive that we are done with the courthouse.
I also got a call from the "full-time" hustler herself, Arnita Williams (www.arnitawilliams.com). She was enlisting my aid in her project, In an Instant. Since she is a PSP (www.pittstopproductions.com) All-Star, how could I say no? I will try to assist her this weekend.
I debated about posting this part, because it was pretty dumb on my part, but while I was chatting on the phone, everybody left the courthouse and the guy had locked up and sped off. Rod or someone,thank God, called him back, then called me and told me to come downstairs. Everybody was laughing and stuff, but I played it off by still talking on the phone. It was a little embarrasing, but hey, I got out. They say God looks out for cowards and fools, and in my short lifetime, I've been both. I guess I am human, after all.
Later, Rod, Keenon and I chilled over at Keenon's house and talked about various matters. It feels very familiar, this project. I know pretty much everyone on it. It was also the perfect remedy to the workday from hell that I had yesterday. Let' just say that everything that could go wrong, did. But today is a new day.

Maybe I'll get to help out Arnita today, we'll see. "Every day is a winding road", etc. Be easy, readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home