Monday, July 17, 2006

Where Does the Time Go:The Infamous Weekend Wrap-Up

Friday:

Went to Perkins, got some All-You-Can-Eat catfish, went to Jordan's Karaoke Cafe. I performed Michael Jackson's "Remember the Time". I did okay. My last number was much better. First, Forrest performed "If You Could Only See" by Tonic, and he was out in the crowd dancing with the females. Next up was me. Forrest gave me a little into, and I had the ladies screaming with my rendition of Gavin DeGraw's "I Don't Wanna Be". It was great!!! Then I went home because I had to work on Saturday.

Saturday:
Worked in the morning, went to the barbershop, went over my friend Shomari's house and watched Saturday Night's Main Event (wrestling, baby!!!). Then, I went to Perkin's and went back home.

Sunday:
Went to Spin Street, bought the debut album from this rapper named Rhymefest, Blue Collar (www.myspace.com/rhymefest). Haven't listened to it yet, but I think I'll like it. Hung out with Bryan Newcomb (Divine Manipulation of the Threads, Just the Two of Us). We went to the mall, and Target, where we ran into Walker Morris III, who was in Just the Two of Us. He has Down's Syndrome and some would consider him mentally challenged, but he's a lot sharper than you think. After Target, I hooked up with Rod Pitts(www.myspace.com/pittstopproductions) and we assisted Arnita Williams (www.arnitawilliams.com) with her short, In an Instant. Rod, Richard(another cinematographer), and Arnita went off to do a scene with the lead actor (also named Marcus), and left me to hold down the fort. Janeen Farmer (Arthur Henry) showed up, and she played one of the groupie girls. Another "groupie" was Coco from 98.9 FM-Power 99, a local hip-hop/R&B station. I also talked to Arnita's mother. I hadn't seen her in a while. Always good to see the Mrs. Williams. It is always hectic shooting in places of business while other activity is going on. We made it happen and got the shots we needed, and that's what really mattered.

Monday:

My Blueberry Nights has postponed its Memphis shoot. Crap!!!!! I could've used the extra money...if I had been chosen. I hope something else comes to town. Be easy, readers.

1 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Memphis Chix said...

Can't find your email---wanted to make sure you were aware of the next blogger's bash coming up next month.
Put in your bid now for day/location!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home