Monday, October 01, 2007

Last Tuesday's shoot Plus Weekend Wrap-Up

Tuesday:

I shot a scene for 100 Lives, the film written by and starring Darius Wallace (Dollars and Signs). I played a Strip Club Bouncer. I didn't really have any lines, but I adlibbed a few. I break up a fight between Darius' character and another character. It was cool, and I was glad to work with Rod Pitts again (www.pittstopproductions.com). I wore all black. I hope the black clothes and my weight loss help me look decent in this film. Shout out to some of the other people that I knew in the film. My fellow actors Keenon (Tricks), Kim Moore, Jacqui G, and Jennean Farmer (Just the Two of Us). My only regret is that it was a one day shoot. I wish Rod, Darius and the rest of the crew well with the rest of the production. Shout out to producer Montana Traxx, who was an extra. That man makes good hip-hop beats!!

Friday:

I got off work, ran some errands, and I saw The Kingdom. Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, Jennifer Garner, and Jason Bateman gave solid performances, but it drags a little bit in the middle. I also thought it was neat that Peter Berg (who also directed the movie Friday Night Lights) had some roles for two actors from the Friday Night Lights TV show: Kyle Chandler, who plays the coach, and Minka Kelly, who plays head cheerleader Lila Garrity, had small roles in the film. I hope directors hook me up like that someday (Hint, hint!!). After that, I got some food and headed home.

Saturday:

I got off work, took a nap, then I woke up and headed to Jordan's Karaoke Bar and Grill. Shout out to my girl Jessica, her husband, Sing, Ryan, and everybody who was celebrating Jessica's birthday. I had a pretty good time, I guess. I am getting tired of always going out places by myself, though. That's not fun anymore.

Sunday:

Bryan Newcomb (Just the Two of Us) and I went to Borders, Backyard Burger, Target, then to the movies. We saw Eastern Promises, the new film starring Viggo Mortensen (Lord of the Rings) and Naomi Watts (21 Grams). It was a good film, but it was disturbing. It was very graphic and very violent. You don't want to bring the kids to that one. After that, I received a call from a friend of mine from college, Zeknovia Charles. She was in town, and we met up at Perkins and attempted to eat. The people were moving a little bit slow, so I wound up getting my food to go. Perkins on Poplar, you are on notice. You all have been dropping the ball lately. It was good to see Zeknovia again, if only for a little while.

Once again, I had a weekend that did NOT involve filming. This has been a slow year. Hopefully, I can get a role in the big-budget film shooting in Memphis this month. Nothing But the Truth would be a nice band-aid to ease the frustration over lack of work this year. Be easy, readers!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home