Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Miles to Go Before I Sleep

I decided to join the great people of Cowboy Up Productions and participate in the Nashville 48 Hour Film Contest. On the way up there, I rode with a guy named Jarrod Wilson and this young up and coming filmmaker named Krista. She's 17, but she's real good. We got into a crazy conversation about race. It showed me how polarized I am by race. We argued over what "fit the description" means. It was wild. We also argued religion. It was crazy. Jarrod also got on me because I wear Nikes. It was a wild and crazy conversation, but once it ended, I felt better about it. I also felt closer to them. I realized that I am very closed-minded and I am an extremist; I also realize that I still have a long way to go. Just when I think that I am finally becoming comfortable with me, I realize that I am probably far off the mark. But I guess exploration will be the fun part of the journey. Pray for me. I am trying to grow. I am thankful for the insight. Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home