Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Indie Memphis, baby!!!!!

Man, I have gotta quit complaining. Or, maybe I should start complaining. When I gave up on Black Snake Moan, I received a call. When I gave up on the Indie Memphis Film Festival, I learned that Brandon Hutchisson's film, Dollars and Signs, is in Indie Memphis. I have a small, profanity-laced role in that film. Oh my god!!!!! I am so happy!!!!! Almost two years of dream chasing that began with auditioning for Forty Shades of Blue has brought me to this point. Man, I am so high right now. I have wondered did my work mean anything if it's never seen? Up until this point, I had only one finished project. That project is entitled PA Pretender, and let's just say it's not a good look for me. This will be my first public screening of a feature length project. This is also my first finished feature length project. Wow. I have wanted this so bad. I have compromised myself at times for this dream. I have alienated others. I am sorry I have done these things, really. I have neglected family and friends in the pursuit of this dream. I have greatly minimized what little social life I had. I do need more of balance, but with the exception of a few projects, I have few regrets. To those people who don't see me any more, I apologize. Following dreams aren't always convenient. I will try to work on that. The Dollars and Signs screening will be on Monday, October 24 at 6:30 PM at the Muvico Theatre at the Peabody Place downtown. Man, it feels so good. I do this for the love, but I do want to be seen. I also want to do this for the rest of my life. My dream is coming true. Gotta live your dreams, people. Be easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home